Friday, December 3, 2010

I'm In Love!

I've been having an affair for too many years to count. No matter how much fun we had, I would always feel empty afterwards. It always felt like there should be something else. I never really felt complete. I catered to him, but it was never enough. He always wanted more. I gave my time, my energy, and opened my heart over and over again for it to just be snatched out and stepped on.

But, there was always someone waiting for me. He was always patient, always kind. He encouraged me and picked me up when I'd fall. He was always there with an encouraging word or a listening ear. When I was upset, he would just hold me and remind me that he's here. He wanted to be my everything. I never understood why? I ignored him until I needed him. I rarely visited. He just wanted a chance and I wouldn't give it to him. Just when I would feel myself beginning to give in to his pleading, I'd run away. He would ask me to trust him, I'd say no because I'm afraid. He wanted to help me. I told him I was independent. He knew everything about me, but he still wanted me. He accepted me regardless of all the bad I'd done. That still amazes me.

I'm too tired. I can't run anymore. Well, all his pleading kinda got to me. I'm in love! It's amazing that he waited until I was ready to love him back. The first time I paid attention to his touch, I felt brand spanking new. He made all my senses come alive. I finally "found" the man of my dreams, and he's been here all along. It's like a fairy tale and finally I get to be the Cinderella. And yes, my glass slipper fits perfectly!

My only regret is that I didn't allow Christ into my life sooner...

3 comments:

  1. love it!!! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for gracing my page with your presence! You are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is beautiful!!! I know exactly what you mean...there is no love like the love of Christ in your life! He loves us unconditionally too. Be happy and blessed!!!

    ReplyDelete